Multiple Entry Thai Visa

This type of visa used to be very common when visiting Thailand until Thai immigration viewed that many had simply been abusing the visa and living and working in Thailand illegally. Obtaining this visa now has become very difficult in Asia and outside of Asia for this reason. These are the normal options.

From time to time that Thai embassy will issue you a multiple entry marriage visa if you can prove that you have a Thai wife with a marriage certificate and you also need to show them at least 100,000 THB in a Thai bank account in your name. Each embassy has their own rules about this but this is the most used rule at the moment. It is still very difficult to obtain a multiple entry marriage visa in Asia though. This type of visa has 4 ‘legs’ on the visa and you need to leave Thailand every 3 months to activate the next ‘leg’ of the Thai visa.

The business visa is normally issued as a single 3 month visa however if you can obtain a letter from a Thai company to underwrite you visa then they will normally issue you a multiple entry business visa. Much like the marriage visa you also need to leave Thailand every 3 months to activate the next part of the visa. Again – very difficult to obtain in Asia and also becoming difficult to obtain outside of Asia.

If you are looking at visiting Thailand and need a multiple entry visa then speak to lawyer about your needs and how best to obtain the multiple entry visa in your country. Call us today or speak to us online about your current visa status.


42 thoughts on “Multiple Entry Thai Visa

  1. Hi staffs of Thailand Immigration,

    I have been in Bangkok for almost 3 months now as a trainee in a company. I am French and I have an ED Visa non Immigrant which ends on the 27th of November 2016.

    I have one question. I would like to go to Bali from the 21st to the 26th of November (next week), so just before the end of my VISA. But it is written that, if you go out from Thailand once with this VISA, it is cancelled. So, if I come back to Thailand on the 26th of November, I cannot extend my ED Visa. Do I have to pay for a tourist VISA at the borders when I come back? Knowing that my flight Ticket to come back in France is on the 1st of January 2017, if I make a tourist visa on the 26th of November it will last only one month (till the 26th of December). Do I have to go to another country before this deadline (26th of December) to get an other tourist VISA of one month? Or, I couldn’t accumulate that kind of VISA twice like that?

    Sorry for this long message but I am quite lost.

    Thank you very much.

    1. You will need to apply for a re-entry permit before traveling to Bali so that your current visa will still be valid upon your return on the 26th. It is best that you submit your application for a visa extension before your trip to Bali as you may not have enough time when you return.

  2. If I apply for a 90 day non O visa based on marriage, can I leave the country during the 90 days if I obtain a single entry re-entry permit?

    Many thanks.

    1. Yes, you can leave the country as long as you have the re-entry permit for your visa.

  3. Dear consultant,

    I am a Macedonian (non European) citizen. Together with my husband we want to move, live and work in Thai. What are the best visa options? What is the application process that we need to do and the approximate cost of it as well? The comment that each 3 mounts we need to pass the borders in order to reactivate the visa, is it valid for all working visas? Maybe there is some other, more efficient option that we could choose, or maybe take Thai nationality? Or, are we legal to work if we take a touristic visa?

    Looking forward to hearing from you!

    1. If you wish to work in Thailand, you will need a Non Immigrant B Visa commonly known as the Business Visa. Since this is obtained from a Thai embassy or consulate outside of Thailand and the visa is a Multiple Entry Visa, you are required to exit the Kingdom every 90 days.

      Those who are on a tourist visa are prohibited from working in the Kingdom. For information about the application procedure and cost, kindly contact the Thai embassy through their contact details below.

      Royal Thai Embassy, Turkey
      Address: Koza Sokak No. 87, 06700 Gaziosmanpasa Ankara, Turkey
      Tel: (90-312) 437 4318
      Email: [email protected]

  4. Hallo ,
    Is it written somewhere officially that a Crew Member allowed to enter Thailand in duty with the general declaration? If yes, where can I find that in a written form?

    Thank you.

    1. Kindly get in touch with the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country to inquire about this document.

  5. Hello sir, I have Thai girl friend and we have 1 baby. Can I get o visa without marriage? Baby birth certificate have my name and Tabian Baan have also. Non -O, 90 days and after 1 year can get visa? and how to process, requirement of document, and fees?

    1. You can apply for a Non Immigrant O visa from a Thai embassy or consulate outside of Thailand based on being the parent of a Thai national. You may contact the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country or a neighboring country to inquire about the requirements and fees associated with the application.

    2. Hi, I’ve lived in Thailand for over ten years on a retirement visa., leaving only once during that period. I intend to return to Australia for work for a few months. Am I able to get a multi-entry visa so that I am able to return to my home without any issues? I am not married.
      Thank you

    3. Dear Paul,
      Good day.
      Please apply for a MULTIPLE RE-ENTRY PERMIT at the IMMIGRATION OFFICE prior to your departure from Thailand to secure your visa will not be canceled.
      Thank you.

  6. Hello,
    I have an Non-Immigrant-O Visum S, valid for 90 days. Is it possible to receive a 30 day extension at the local Immigration Office?

    1. Kindly contact the local Thai immigration office ​near you to inquire ​about extending your visa.

  7. Non Immigrant O – 90 days report: I know, that If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.
    But after re-entering the kingdom e.g. at Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration have I additionally to visit the local immigration office next to my home?

    1. You will only need to go to the local immigration office for your 90-day report from the date that you have re-entered Thailand.

  8. Dear Staffs,
    currently I am working in Thailand with a Non Immigrant VISA Type B, single entry. It is valid for 90 days. Is it possible to travel to an other country (Malaysia or Singapore) for a couple of days and re-enter Thailand without any problems? Will my Business VISA still be valid or do I need to get a permission from the Thai Immigration Department to leave the country?

    1. You will need to apply for a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand. Otherwise, once you exit, your current 90-day Non Immigrant B visa will be canceled.

  9. Hi, I am in Thailand on a 30 day visa waiver. The immigration officer at the airport told me that when I leave Thailand, I will have to “reserve entry visa” on the fourth floor in Suvarnabhumi airport. She also wrote under the visa stamp at the passport that next time I come to Thailand I must get a visa, and made me sign it. My question it is how can I be sure that I will get the “reserved visa” when I leave Thailand? Or visa from a Thai embassy? She told me that now a tourist who can stay in Thailand only two months in one year. This is all very confusing and I just need to be sure that I can return to Thailand one more time to finish some arrangements. Is there a way I can get a visa even though I am in Thailand on tourist visa?

    1. There are no reserve entry visas. If the immigration officer noted on your passport that you are required to have a visa the next time you travel to Thailand, you have to apply for a visa at a Thai embassy or consulate in your home country or country of residence.

  10. Dear staffs,

    I have entered Thailand Bangkok with Apec card entry which allows me to stay up to 90 days. Stay valid until 14th June 2016.

    However, I have a important business workshop seminar to attend which will be held from 15th to 17th June 2016.

    Can I apply an extension of another 7-14 days stay in Thailand in order for me to participate this business seminars

    May I know how can it be done for this extension stay?

    Looking forward for your reply soon. Thank you very much!

    Best Regards,


    1. Yes, you may visit a local immigration office in Thailand to apply for a visa extension.

  11. Hello,

    I already extend my visa of 30 days but I need 19 days more. Any chance I can get another extension or should I go out the country?

    I work on cruise ship but I live in Thailand. I have a son but not married. I don’t have any visa tourist or Family! Any solution for this time or maybe should I make Family visa?

    1. No, you are only allowed to get a 30 days extension once. As an option, you may do border run to a neighboring country when your extension is over. Regarding your concern on applying for a Family Visa, it’s best to contact or visit the Immigration Office to get information about the requirements and process.

  12. Hello, I have a question. I am Italian and I will come to Thailand in May! I will come by boat from Langkawi (Malaysia) to Koh Lipe the 5th of May and I will leave Thailand the 12th June. How does it work with the visa?

    1. Italian passport holders are not required to apply for a visa if staying in Thailand for a maximum period of 30 days. Since you are entering Thailand by boat, make sure that you have your passport stamped at the nearest immigration checkpoint.

  13. I have a Retiremnt O VISA for 12 month, multiple (M). Does it mean that if I will re-enter Thailand before 12 months expires, my VISA will be extended again for 12 months. E.G.: I have a VISA FROM 1 FEBRUARY 2015 TO 3 OF FEBRUARY 2016. HYPOTHETICALLY, I will re-enter Thailand , say, on 1 of January 2016. Does it mean my VISA will be automatically extended to 1 of January 2017?

    1. No, the extension is not issued automatically to visa holders. You will need to apply for the extension at the immigration office on or before the expiration of your current visa.

  14. Hello good day!
    I would like to ask I have a work permit but I didn’t show up in immigration on 90 days. I want to know is there a penalty or not it’s already 2 months but I didn’t know. What can I do? My visa expired on March 18, 2016.

    Thank you. Hoping for your quick response.

    1. The fine of overdue notification is 200 baht per day and is not exceeding 5,000 baht. You will need to visit the immigration office to settle the overdue fine.

  15. Good Day,

    I usually obtain a 90day visa from Thai Consulate in Hong Kong, as I am married for 6 years and work in Asia and stay in Thailand when I can. Papers submitted are copies of wife’s id and her passport and our address details in Thailand and my passport, photos and application. Does this paperwork change if I apply from Glasgow, UK?

    Thanks for your help.

    Kind regards


    1. Yes, it will be the same set of documents. You need in Glasgow, you have a choice to get 90 days or 1 year non immigrant O visa for your wife as your dependant.

  16. Good afternoon,

    I have been in Thailand since May 2015, originally entering the country on a multiple entry tourist visa issued in the UK. Once these had all been used, I crossed over to Laos and obtained an additional 60 day single entry tourist visa. This is due to expire on Dec 20th. I have never applied for a 30 day extension to any of the above visas, however as it is close to Xmas, I would line to, in this case, apply for one at the immigration office in Jomtien. Can this be done?
    I do have a Thai girlfriend, and we are currently planning our wedding for Feb 14th 2016.

    May I thank you for your time in reading and addressing my enquiry.

    Kind regards


    1. Yes, you may visit the immigration office in Jomtien to apply for a 30-day extension to your visa. The fee for the extension is THB 1,900.

  17. Hi, I am Russian, I have Cambodian buisness visa 6 month. My friends invited me in Thailand for 2 monthes. Is it possible to stay in Thailand by Cambodian visa, ore l should apply new visa in Thai embassy in Phnom Phen?
    Best wishes, Natali

    1. You must apply for a Thai tourist visa if you wish to stay in Thailand for two months. A Cambodian visa is only good for entering Cambodia and is totally separate from Thai visas.

  18. Hi

    I am British and married to a Thai national with two children. I work 282 days out of Thailand and then spend about 25 days in the kingdom. Can I get a Thai marriage visa at immigration in Jomtien or someone said there is a new 5 year visa now which you can get without leaving Thailand? Can you please advise me on which visa is best for me? I really need at least a non immigrant O but I would prefer it if I didn’t need to leave Thailand.
    Thanks you very much for any help you can give


    1. Hi Scott,

      If your marriage with your Thai spouse is registered in Thailand, you may apply for a non-immigrant O visa based on marriage. With this type of visa, you will not be required to leave Thailand within the period of visa validity. This can also be renewed inside Thailand every year.

      If you wish to talk to one of our visa specialists for further advise, please leave you phone number and we will contact you.

  19. Been working legally in Thailand for about 5 years till presently, but my current Company/Employer is downsizing and in short my contract will expire by 12th August 2015.

    What are my options to stay longer here in Thailand?

    I have a Thai Partner (I say partner because i can’t marry her at the moment). So my main reasons for wanting to stay longer are to be with her as much as possible and find/look for another job here in Thailand.

    Thanks in advance for your advise.

    1. You may apply for a tourist visa at the Thai Embassy or Consulate in a neighboring countries such as Laos and Malaysia. However, you might need an assistance from an agency in Bangkok who offers such service. Another option that you might want to consider is enrolling in a Thai school. Foreigners who are taking a short course or study in many schools in Thailand are eligible to apply for an ED visa. To know more information about ED visa requirements and processing, we suggest that you directly contact your preferred Thai school.

  20. Hi, I would like to get a multiple entry non immigrant visa but I’m not yet married to my girlfriend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Kind regards,
    Paul Shirvington

    1. There are several ways in which a foreigner may be able to obtain a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa. One is by securing a job at a Thai company. When you are legally employed in Thailand, you will be eligible to apply for a work visa as well as a work permit. Another option is the non-immigrant visa application based on retirement for foreigners who meet the age and financial requirements. Also, you might want to consider is enrolling in a Thai school. Foreigners who are taking a short course or study in many schools in Thailand are eligible to apply for an ED visa. To know more information about ED visa requirements and processing, we suggest that you directly contact your preferred Thai school.

Leave a Reply