7 Mar 2013

7 Mar 2013

Thai Immigration – Bangkok


Category: Thai Immigration


Thai Immigration – Bangkok

Immigration procedures are not consistent for all the provinces across Thailand. Each immigration office will implement government policies in their own way which creates varying applications processes among the different cities and provinces. Thai immigration requires that foreigners do the process their visa in the city where their address of residence is located.

If you are living in Bangkok and you wish to apply for a visa extension based on marriage, retirement, business or other categories, then you will need to go to any of the immigration offices in Bangkok (see table below for information on the addresses).

You may also contact our firm for assistance with your immigration and visa concerns. We offer a wide array of Thai immigration services in addition to other legal matters such as family law, property purchases, and litigation.

City/Province Office Contact Details
Bangkok Bangkok Chaeng Watthana Immigration Office Government Center (B), No. 120 Mu 3, Chaeng Watthana Soi 7, Thung Song Hong, Laksi, Bangkok 10210
Bangkok BOI One-Stop Service Center Chamchuri Square, Floor 18, 319 Phaya Thai Rd., Patumwan, Bangkok 10330
Bangkok Imperial World Lat Phrao Immigration Service Centre Imperial World Lat Phrao, 5th Floor, Lat Phrao Road
Bangkok Major Hollywood Suksawat Immigration Service Centre Major Hollywood Suksawat, 1st Floor, Suksawat Road, Rat Burana, Bangkok 10140


Comments (120)

  1. cornelia on 5th Nov 2016

    I am an Austrian citizen and would like to apply for me and my son for a visa extension of our 30-day stamps in Bangkok. Can I do this at any of the four addresses provided above?

    How long is the processing time? Is it for all locations the same? Can I prove the 40,000 baht by showing you (German) bank statement and my income confirmation or do you need to see cash? My son does not have the same surname as me. The reason is that I have not taken the surname of my husband but have kept my maiden name. Is this a problem?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 8th Nov 2016

      You will need to visit the Immigration office below to apply for the extension of your 30-day stamps.
      The Govenment Complex Commemorating His Majesty, B Building, Floor 2 (South Zone)
      Chaengwattana Road (Soi 7), Laksi, Bangkok 10210

      ​You only need to bring the following in applying for the extension based on tourism.

      1. Application form TM.7 (application must be made in person)
      2. Copy of applicant’s passport
      3. Photo 4 x 6 cm. (not older than 6 months)
      4. Application fee 1,900 Baht (per applicant)

  2. Raquel on 12th Nov 2016

    My boyfriend and I will be staying in Thailand for 34 days. We are Americans and were hoping for a visa on arrival.

    Can we apply for a longer visa at the airport? Or is it better to request an extension?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 15th Nov 2016

      You will only be given a 30-day entry stamp at the airport based on your passports. You will then need to apply for an extension at an immigration office in Thailand before the 30-day stamp expires.

  3. Mon Myat Min on 17th Nov 2016

    My Thai visa will be expired on 27th December 2016. My company will make visa extension process on 9th December. After submitting the documents, the immigration police officer would make consideration process about my visa and give appointment date after one month.
    My question is that within that one month under consideration of the police department, can I go to other country and come back to Thailand with appropriate re-entry visa?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 18th Nov 2016

      You may travel during the one-month period given to you after submitting your application. You will need to obtain a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand so that the 1-month stamp will not be cancelled upon your exit.

  4. Charles Meyer on 18th Nov 2016

    My wife and I are US citizens living in Denver, Colorado. We visit our children who live in Bangkok every other year and stay with them for four months – using double entry tourist visas. This year (2016) we were told only a single entry tourist visa was available for 60 days. We are now in Bangkok and need to know how to procure visas for the second 60 day period. Our return flight is scheduled for March 2017. We, of course, know that we must leave Thailand briefly before our first entry expires on January 13, 2017.

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 21st Nov 2016

      You may visit a Thai embassy or consulate in a neighboring country such as Laos or Cambodia to apply for a 60-day tourist visa to cover the rest of your trip.

  5. SEKSANH BOUAKEO on 21st Nov 2016

    I have a Laos Passport. I am in Thailand on a work permit and a Visa to stay until 17 February 2017. Shortly, I would like to make a one week trip to Hanoi, Vietnam. Do I need to get a re-entry permit from Thai Immigration in order to make this trip?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 22nd Nov 2016

      If your Non Immigrant B visa is a single entry visa obtained inside Thailand, you will need to apply for a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand.

  6. Gaurav on 22nd Nov 2016


    I am from India on a 15 day tourist visa on arrival in Thailand. I want to extend my stay in Thailand for 1 more month as I have friends from Europe who are traveling for 2 months. Is it possible to extend visa while in Thailand?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 24th Nov 2016

      The visa on arrival cannot be extended. If you wish to stay for a longer duration, you can either apply for a tourist visa at the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country, or you can exit Thailand before the end of the 15-day stamp. You can then re-enter and apply for another visa on arrival.​

  7. shailu on 24th Nov 2016

    Dear Team,

    If I want to travel from Bangkok only for changing the flight, then, do I need a Thai visa or not? I’m travelling from Mumbai to Yangon via Bangkok. The flight layover time is 2-4 hours which means I’ll be staying in Bangkok, Thailand airport for only 2-4 hrs.

    Please advise accordingly.

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 25th Nov 2016

      If the airlines that will take you from Bangkok to Yangon will codeshare with the airlines from Mumbai to Bangkok, then you will no longer need to apply for a transit visa. However, if the flights were booked separately and you will be required to pass through immigration to get to your next flight, then you need to get a transit visa.

      Kindly confirm this with your airlines.

  8. Bram Rebello on 25th Nov 2016

    I am a Portuguese citizen and would like to visit Bangkok in February 2017 for 10 days. Kindly inform me whether I require a Tourist Visa for visiting Thailand.

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 30th Nov 2016

      You definitely do not need a visa to enter Thailand. You are visa exempted and you can stay up to 30 days without a visa. You just need to show proof of funds, accommodation, onward flight or travel (to other countries or to home country) and passport valid for at least 6 months. It is free of charge.

  9. Mark Mellish on 30th Nov 2016

    I have moved from Chon Buri to Udon Thani and need to change address and obtain my new 90 days on my retirement visa. Is there a fee for this?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 9th Dec 2016

      It is free of charge to inform that officer or local immigration office for the change of address.

  10. Sophie Wetzel on 5th Dec 2016

    My son (4 years old) and I are British citizens. We have non-imm O visas (3+ million baht investment) as I bought my condo in Bangkok in 2005. My son was born in Thailand and we lived in my condo. Unfortunately, last year we had to move back to England as my son needed to see doctors and therapists and he was diagnosed with autism. He now attends pre-school in England and sees therapists, speech therapists and doctors weekly.

    We wish to keep and renew our visas as I still own my condo and we hope to live in Thailand again in the future.

    Our visas need to be renewed (Extension of temporary stay TM7 and Re-entry permit TM8) by 6th May 2017, however we will not be able to be in Thailand at that time. We will be in Bangkok for a short holiday in January.

    Is it possible to renew our visas in advance in January?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 9th Dec 2016

      The earliest possible time to renew the visa is 45 days before the expiry date.

Add Your Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *