Embassy of Thailand

Thai Immigration – Bangkok

Immigration procedures are not consistent for all the provinces across Thailand. Each immigration office will implement government policies in their own way which creates varying applications processes among the different cities and provinces. Thai immigration requires that foreigners do the process their visa in the city where their address of residence is located.

If you are living in Bangkok and you wish to apply for a visa extension based on marriage, retirement, business or other categories, then you will need to go to any of the immigration offices in Bangkok (see table below for information on the addresses).

You may also contact our firm for assistance with your immigration and visa concerns. We offer a wide array of Thai immigration services in addition to other legal matters such as family law, property purchases, and litigation.

City/Province Office Contact Details
Bangkok Bangkok Chaeng Watthana Immigration Office Government Center (B), No. 120 Mu 3, Chaeng Watthana Soi 7, Thung Song Hong, Laksi, Bangkok 10210
Bangkok BOI One-Stop Service Center Chamchuri Square, Floor 18, 319 Phaya Thai Rd., Patumwan, Bangkok 10330
Bangkok Imperial World Lat Phrao Immigration Service Centre Imperial World Lat Phrao, 5th Floor, Lat Phrao Road
Bangkok Major Hollywood Suksawat Immigration Service Centre Major Hollywood Suksawat, 1st Floor, Suksawat Road, Rat Burana, Bangkok 10140



  1. Avatar

    Hi Am Malaysian. I am in Thailand now. I got 1 month visa for free visa and my visa will finish 13 July 2016. I want deliver my baby here. My due date is 20 July 2016. I already register in one hospital for follow the check up. Can you can help me how I want extend my visa with my condition now?

    1. Consultant

      You may visit a local immigration office in Thailand to check if you will be able to apply for an extension of temporary stay or change of visa based on your purpose.

  2. Avatar

    Hi, I live in Khon Kaen district. Can I get a thirty day extension here for a 60 day tourist visa or do I have to come to Bangkok?

    1. Consultant

      You may apply ​for an extension of stay at an immigration office near you. Kindly contact the Khon Kaen Immigration Office to confirm this.

      Tel. / Fax. 043-465242 E-Mail: Khonkaen_imm@hotmail.com

  3. Avatar

    ahmed abdelwahab

    I am 20 years old Egyptian. I got single entry visa from Thai embassy in Egypt. What are the procedures should I follow to upgrade my visa to “double entry”?
    Note: embassy in Cairo give only single entry visa.

    1. Consultant

      The double entry tourist visa is no longer available. Should you need to exit Thailand within the period provided on your visa, you can apply for a re-entry permit at the immigration office in Thailand.

  4. Avatar

    I am indian passport holder. I have 1 and half empty page left in my passport and I would like to visit Bangkok for 2 days. Can i still get my VISA ON ARRIVAL on my 1 and half page.

    Many thanks

    1. Consultant

      As long as there is space on your passport for the visa (1 whole page), the entry stamp and exit stamp, then you can apply for the Visa on Arrival.

  5. Avatar

    I and my mother are British Citizens, they stamp our passports with 28 days entry at the airport 10 days ago. We want to apply for 6 months multiple visa. How can we do this? We are staying in Bangkok in condo. Thank you

    1. Consultant

      Kindly contact the Thai embassy in your home country regarding the 6-month Multi Entry Tourist Visa. Below are the contact details for your reference.

      Royal Thai Embassy, London
      Address: Royal Thai Embassy, 29-30 Queen’s Gate, London, SW7 5JB
      Tel: 0207 589 2944 Ext. 5500 between 14.00-17.00hrs.
      Email: visa@thaiembassyuk.org.uk (visa matters)

  6. Avatar

    My visa type is non-immigrant RS type (multiple entry). Each time I can get a permission to stay 3 months. This time it will be over on 27 July. But I haven’t finished my research and I want to extend my stay in Thailand without going out and come back again. Is it possilbe within these days.? Please kindly give me some suggestion. Thank you.

    1. Consultant

      Kindly get in touch with a local immigration office near your current residence in Thailand to inquire about extending your visa.

  7. Avatar

    Hi, I’m from Poland and have been in Thailand on [extended] tourist visa since 12th May – the 30 day extension expires on 10th August. I’m considering relocating here. How can I extend my visa / apply for visa I can renew on regular basis? Thank you!

    1. Consultant

      The visa issued to you will depend on the purpose of your stay in Thailand. I would suggest that you get in contact with the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country to discuss the applicable visa for you, as well as the requirements and procedures.

  8. Avatar

    Hi, i am student from Mahidol coming from Myanmar. My visa will expire at November, as granted student visa for one year. I’ll go back Myanmar this September and come back at January. So how can I do to get visa extension for another one year coz my study still not finish? Thanks.

    1. Consultant

      You may contact an immigration office in Bangkok about extending your current visa. Please refer below to the offices where you can inquire.

      1. Major Hollywood Suksa, 1st Floor, Suksawat Road, Ratburana, Bangkok
        Open since 1 May, 2013
        Tel.: 0-2463-2040, 0-2463-2044-6
      2. Imperial World Ladprao, 5 Floor, Ladprao Road, Wang Tong Lang, Bangkok
        Open since 20 May, 2013
        Tel.: 0-2530-4535-6​ ​and ​0-2530-4660-1

      Service time Mon-Fri 10:30 – 18:30 Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

  9. Avatar

    Hi, I want to ask about pre extension period before education visa expires. My visa will expire at November. Can I extend at September? I’ll go back Myanmar at September and come back in January. If not, can I extend my student visa at Thailand embassy from Myanmar for one year with university recommendation? Thanks

    1. Consultant

      You may contact the ​immigration office near your current place of residence in Thailand to check on the timelines of your visa extension.

      You may also contact the Thai embassy in Yangon to inquire about their requirements if you decide to apply for a 1-year student visa.

      ​Address: ​No.94, Pyay Road,
      Dagon Township Yangon
      The Republic of The Union of Myanmar
      Tel​:​ (951) 222-784,226-721,226-728
      Email​:​ thaiembassyygn@gmail.com

  10. Avatar

    Hi, I’m leaving to Thailand the coming weekend, and I have slight of a problem in my 11 year old daughter’s passport , it expires in 5 and half months when Thailand Visa requires 6 months . So we will be there only for a week and we have the itenary for an out flight too booked already. And my wife and my younger son have visas already taken from the embassy in India. So will there be any problem on arrival for visa for my daughter ??

    P.s. renewing her passport now is currently not possible , they will take days and i tried enough cause I am traveling in 4 days!

    1. Consultant

      The immigration officer at the airport may deny a visa on arrival application if the applicant does not meet the requirements for this visa. You may explain this concern to the officer but it cannot be guaranteed that they will make an exception.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *