7 Mar 2013

7 Mar 2013

Thai Immigration – Bangkok


Category: Thai Immigration


Thai Immigration – Bangkok

Immigration procedures are not consistent for all the provinces across Thailand. Each immigration office will implement government policies in their own way which creates varying applications processes among the different cities and provinces. Thai immigration requires that foreigners do the process their visa in the city where their address of residence is located.

If you are living in Bangkok and you wish to apply for a visa extension based on marriage, retirement, business or other categories, then you will need to go to any of the immigration offices in Bangkok (see table below for information on the addresses).

You may also contact our firm for assistance with your immigration and visa concerns. We offer a wide array of Thai immigration services in addition to other legal matters such as family law, property purchases, and litigation.

City/Province Office Contact Details
Bangkok Bangkok Chaeng Watthana Immigration Office Government Center (B), No. 120 Mu 3, Chaeng Watthana Soi 7, Thung Song Hong, Laksi, Bangkok 10210
Bangkok BOI One-Stop Service Center Chamchuri Square, Floor 18, 319 Phaya Thai Rd., Patumwan, Bangkok 10330
Bangkok Imperial World Lat Phrao Immigration Service Centre Imperial World Lat Phrao, 5th Floor, Lat Phrao Road
Bangkok Major Hollywood Suksawat Immigration Service Centre Major Hollywood Suksawat, 1st Floor, Suksawat Road, Rat Burana, Bangkok 10140


Comments (120)

  1. Avatar
    Alena on 12th Aug 2016

    Hello, I spent this summer traveling around SE Asia and I have booked my flight back to Europe from Bangkok on 27.8.2016. I crossed the border with Cambodia on the 8.8.2016 and I am eligible to stay until 22.8.2016. Is it the ay to extend it? because my flight is 5 days later. I thought that I would get the 30 days permit on arrival but I got only 15 days instead.

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 16th Aug 2016

      You can visit an immigration office near your current residence to apply for a 7-day extension based on the current entry stamp provided to you.

  2. Avatar
    Tatiana on 18th Aug 2016

    Hello, please tell me where I can find out the destiny of man, arrested for overdue visa? to whom I have to address?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 25th Aug 2016

      If the man has been arrested for overstay, you may check with the Royal Thai Police Immigration Detention Center.

  3. Avatar
    Shaun on 22nd Aug 2016

    I’ve applied to renew my passport which will arrive in 4-6 weeks time. My 30-day tourist visa expires in 2 weeks on my old passport. I cannot leave the country with this passport. What can I do to avoid overstay?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 25th Aug 2016

      You are able to extend this 30-day visa exemption stamp for another 30 days at the local immigration office. For the extension, you just have to submit one passport size photo (4cm x 6cm) with white background and pay the fee of 1,900 Thai baht.

  4. Avatar
    Lisa on 25th Aug 2016

    Hi, I currently just have a 30 day tourist visa and need to extend it by 7 days. Is this possible, or do I have to pay for a full 30 day extension?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 26th Aug 2016

      Whether you only need 7 days or the full 30 days, the immigration fee for the visa extension is 1,900 baht.

  5. Avatar
    Anthony on 13th Sep 2016

    Hi I would like to know if I can extend my business visa from single entry to multiple entry after I arrive Thailand.


    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 16th Sep 2016

      You may apply for a multiple re-entry permit at an immigration office in Thailand for 3,800 THB. However, if you need to extend this to a longer duration business visa, you must meet the requirements of the immigration office. You may contact them for more information about the visa extension.

  6. Avatar
    Sam on 14th Sep 2016

    Hi. My Malaysian girlfriend is currently in Thailand as a tourist for 30 days. How do I extend her stay for another 30 days?

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 19th Sep 2016

      She can visit an immigration office in her location in Thailand to apply for an extension of her 30-day stamp.

  7. Avatar
    honey on 29th Sep 2016

    Hi, I have a work permit already dated July 5,2016 – July 4,2017. My NON-B visa expires this SEPTEMBER 28,2016 and I cannot fie for 1 year extension because the accounting are still waiting for the release of SOCIAL SECURITY INSURANCE. In short I don’t have papers to file for extension yet. Temporarily I went out to Laos for tourist visa which expires this NOV 25,2016.

    My question is, do I need to file again for WP3, NON-B, even though I already have a working permit? Or I can file directly for 1 year extension as soon as the accounting staff receive the papers needed in filling 1 year extension?

    Please advice thanks

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 29th Sep 2016

      You will need to apply for a 90-day Non Immigrant B visa again and then apply for an extension once you are in Thailand based on the same work permit that you currently have.

  8. Avatar
    Vui on 29th Sep 2016

    Dear Sir,

    I would like to inquire that if I am a Malaysian who is travelling in Thailand and wish to go to Cambodia, do I need a re-entry visa if I were to enter Thailand from Cambodia? Kindly enlighten me the necessary information or trusted link if re-entry visa is needed.


    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 30th Sep 2016

      No, you can enter on visa exemption for a maximum of 15 days if you enter by land, or 30 days if you enter by air.

  9. Avatar
    Amrita on 5th Oct 2016


    I’m an Indian passport holder. I got a 15 days tourist visa on arrival from 28 September until 12 October. I wish to stay in Thailand( Bangkok) for another 10 days more until 22 October. Please advise which of the above mentioned offices I can get my visa extension done and how much time does this approximately take.

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 6th Oct 2016

      A visa on arrival cannot be extended further than the period provided. You will need to exit Thailand before your visa on arrival expires and then re-enter and apply for another visa on arrival if you wish to stay longer.

  10. Avatar
    Theara CHHORN on 6th Oct 2016

    Dear all,
    Hi, may I get some information regarding Thai Visa? Recently, I hold non-immigrant and it will be extended again 29 Oct 2016. So can I go to do it before or after one week during the deadline?

    Best Regards,

    1. Consultant
      Consultant on 7th Oct 2016

      Generally, visa extensions must be done within the last 30 days of the validity. You must not wait until after the deadline as your visa can no longer be extended once it has expired.

Add Your Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *