Tourist Visa to Thailand

Tourist Visa to Thailand

Every year, the Kingdom of Thailand has been continuously attracting millions of international tourists from all across the globe, making the Thai tourist visa a high demand in many countries. Thai tourist visa is issued to those who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purposes. This type of visa can be valid for either 3 or 6 months and visa holders are permitted to stay in the country, upon arrival, a period of not exceeding 60 days.

Furthermore, those who wish to extend their stay may file for an application for a 30-day extension at any immigration offices in Thailand. Visa extension fee is priced at THB1,900.

Tourist Visa Requirements

  • Passport or travel document with validity period of at least 6 months following the intended date of departure
  • Visa application form
  • Recent photograph (4 x 6cm)
  • Round trip flight tickets
  • Sufficient travel finances (at least 20,000 baht per person and 40,000 baht per family)

Note that consular officers may request for additional documents as deemed necessary. We advise that you contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate on this matter.

And finally, make sure that you check which option is more applicable for your travel before plunging in with your application. Other alternatives that might be available for you may include visa exemption or visa on arrival to Thailand. Talk to us today if you want to know more about your options.



  1. Avatar


    I’m from the UK. I stupidly forgot to get a 60-day tourist visa. I arrived two days ago into Bangkok and they have stamped my passport with a 30-day visa. I will be travelling the islands South. I go to Phuket tomorrow for 3-4 days and then will be in Koh Phi Phi for 4-5 days, Koh Toa 3-4 days, and Koh Samui at Christmas. My visa runs out 28th December. Do I have to wait till my visa is nearly up and then get the 30 days? And is it available to get from Koh Samui and all other places listed? Thank you.

    1. Consultant

      Yes, you can apply for the 30 days extension in Samui any time now from Monday to Friday except public holidays.

  2. Avatar

    I am an Australian and I entered Thailand on a 30-day tourist visa and I have already extended that for another 30 days at the Immigration office in Bangkok. Can I extend for another 30 days at the Immigration office?

    1. Consultant

      No, you cannot extend it any longer. You must exit Thailand and re-enter through an airport so that you will get 30 days permit to stay.

  3. Avatar

    Hi, my boss is visiting for 39 days. What is the process for extending his free 30 day visa for the additional 9 days?

    Many thanks,

    1. Consultant

      You are able to extend this 30-day visa exemption stamp for another 30 days at the local immigration office. For the extension, you just have to submit one passport size photo (4cm x 6cm) with white background and pay the fee of 1,900 Thai baht.

  4. Avatar

    I am from Ireland and my visa runs out tomorrow. It’s a 30 day tourist visa. Am I able still to get an extension from immigration?

    1. Consultant

      You are able to extend this 30-day visa exemption stamp for another 30 days at the local immigration office. For the extension, you just have to submit one passport size photo (4cm x 6cm) with white background and pay the fee of 1,900 Thai baht.

  5. Avatar

    Hi I am from Ireland and I have a single entry tourist visa. I extended it already for another 30 days. Can I extend for another 7 days? Thanks.

    1. Consultant

      No, you need to leave the country already. You can do a quick border run and you get 15 days permit to stay.

  6. Avatar


    I am from Hong Kong and holding the HKSAR passport. I would like to enter Thailand from Malaysia by bus. How many days visa I could get?


    1. Consultant

      As Hong Kong national, you will receive 30 days permit to stay at the airport or land border.

  7. Avatar

    Hi there,

    I have a 15-day visa, because I arrived in Thailand through land. Do you think I can extend my visa for 7 days? How much is that and would it be quick? My visa is only till the 14th of December and my flight to leave Thailand is on the 20th. Thank you so much for all the info above.

    1. Consultant

      You can extend it for 7 days at local immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

  8. Avatar

    Hello, I am currently in Koh Lanta and my 30 days free visa is due to expire on the 14th of December. Where would be the best place to go to extend? I am also due to fly back to England on the 18th of January so would need more than another 30 days. Is this possible? Thanks.

    1. Consultant

      You can file for an extension from the Thai embassy immigration office in Krabi town. The fee is 1900 baht and you will submit 1 photo. After the extension, you can do a border trip and you will get 30 days or 15 days.

  9. Avatar

    Is it possible to get 7 more days of extention at the immigration office after already having received 30 days extension (Tourist visa Single entry)? My visa expires on 11/12 but 12/12 is a Thai Holiday and I can’t leave sooner because I need to wait for the documents of my school (ED visa).

    1. Consultant

      You can make a quick exit and re enter Thailand on the same day. You may be able to get 15 days or 30 days entry stamp.

  10. Avatar


    After 14 days VOA, can I go to Laos for 60 days new visa? What embassy can give me 2 entries this time? Thank you.

    1. Consultant

      You can only get single entry 60-day visa from the Thai embassy in Vientiane.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *