From 1 April 2021 onwards, travelers with completed vaccination against COVID-19 may be considered for a reduced quarantine period, for at least 7 days, provided that the vaccine is certified by the World Health Organisation or by the Thai Ministry of Public Health and that the full vaccination, usually two doses, was completed at least 14 days before the date of travel and no more than 3 months before arrival in Thailand.
Travelers must present proof of vaccination to the Ministry of Public Health staff at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, who will determine the quarantine period (please note that the Royal Thai Embassy does not have the authority to make this decision).
- Certificate of vaccination completed at least 14 days and no more than 3 months before arrival in Thailand.
- COVID-19 Health Certificate, stating the traveler is negative of COVID 19 within 72 hours before departure.
Note: COVID-19 Health Certificate also called a COVID-19 lab test result is a medical certificate that confirms that you have no symptoms of COVID-19 and can travel to Thailand. This document is mandatory for non-Thai travelers who wish to enter the country during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates indicate that you need to present a “Medical certificate or COVID-19 test result with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test” so, at present, only the negative report of COVID-19 test made using RT-PCR is accepted.
The COVID-19 lab test result certificate needs to be issued by an eligible medical or testing institution. COVID-19 negative certificate has to be issued within the last 72 hours before departure.
Update: Starting from 1 April 2021 Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate is no longer needed.
What things do you need for the ASQ hotel?
Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) is the process of quarantine at government-approved hotels in Thailand at the traveler’s own expense. Many hotels together with hospitals launched Alternative State Quarantine Packages for those returning from abroad.
Normally, the ASQ hotel package includes not only accommodation but also 3 meals a day, free WiFi, a private car transfer from the airport to the ASQ hotel, A nurse who’s on call 24/7, and a health check 2 times per day. The package also includes two COVID-19 tests that take place on set days of quarantine. If your COVID-19 test will be positive, you will be transferred to the hospital. All ASQ bookings are subject to specific terms and conditions of the hotel so make sure to read them carefully before making a booking.
Important Update! For both foreigners and Thai travelers arriving in Thailand from most countries, the mandatory quarantine period is reduced from 14 days to 10 days starting from 1 April 2021. Reduction of quarantine to 7 days for vaccinated travelers is also available.
Requirements (for the ASQ hotel)
- Full room charge payment is required before arrival.
- Provide us with the full name of all guests as written in the passport.
- Scan of guest passports ensuring all information is clear.
- Flight itinerary to determine the arrival time of the traveler and pick-up time at the airport
- A copy of the Certificate of Entry (COE) attained by your nearest Thai embassy/consulate.
- A copy of a valid medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected by RT-PCR issued no more than 72 hours before departure flight.