Multiple Entry Thai Visa

Multiple Entry Thai Visa

This type of visa used to be very common when visiting Thailand until Thai immigration viewed that many had simply been abusing the visa and living and working in Thailand illegally. Obtaining this visa now has become very difficult in Asia and outside of Asia for this reason. These are the normal options.

From time to time that Thai embassy will issue you a multiple entry marriage visa if you can prove that you have a Thai wife with a marriage certificate and you also need to show them at least 100,000 THB in a Thai bank account in your name. Each embassy has their own rules about this but this is the most used rule at the moment. It is still very difficult to obtain a multiple entry marriage visa in Asia though. This type of visa has 4 ‘legs’ on the visa and you need to leave Thailand every 3 months to activate the next ‘leg’ of the Thai visa.

The business visa is normally issued as a single 3 month visa however if you can obtain a letter from a Thai company to underwrite you visa then they will normally issue you a multiple entry business visa. Much like the marriage visa you also need to leave Thailand every 3 months to activate the next part of the visa. Again – very difficult to obtain in Asia and also becoming difficult to obtain outside of Asia.

If you are looking at visiting Thailand and need a multiple entry visa then speak to lawyer about your needs and how best to obtain the multiple entry visa in your country. Call us today or speak to us online about your current visa status.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *