Thai Immigration – Pattaya

The immigration offices in Pattaya is well known to most expats. We have listed the address and telephone numbers for the Thai Immigration office in Pattaya so you can call them before you visit them. You may also visit them at the address listed below. Note the operating hours of the immigration office in Jomtien, Pattaya.

If you wish to speak to someone about an immigration issue or the extending of your retirement visa or marriage visa then you can call our office in Pattaya or you may wish to speak to immigration yourself while in Pattaya. If you are on overstay, take good advice and contact our office first and allow us to contact Thai immigration for you in Pattaya. Deportation and arrest can and will be very traumatic but we can ensure that the process is much smoother and faster.

Tel: 038 110 636
Fax: 038 252 751
Business hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Soi 5 Moo 12
Jomtien Beach Road
Nongprue, Banglamung
Chonburi 20150

309 thoughts on “Thai Immigration – Pattaya

  1. I live in Thailand for 7 years on an O-A Retirement Visa.
    When I renewed my extension last year, I had to make an additional Thai health insurance
    although I have an expensive international health insurance with unlimited coverage
    which was not recognized

    I read about a new change of rules and now foreign health insurances
    are recognized too.

    Are my foreign health insurances sufficient for my next extension in August?

    1. Dear W. Schmitt,
      Good day.
      No, since Retirement Visa O-A is issued OUTSIDE THAILAND, the international health insurance you have is not sufficient for your extension INSIDE THAILAND. You must have separate health insurance IN THAILAND.
      Thank you.

  2. I normaly live in Chiang Mai when i stay in Thailand. The last few weeks i am visiting Hua Hin and Pattaya because of to polution in the North. My 90 days reporting is due 16 may. Can i do my 90 days reporting while traveling in Thailand? Not being at my registered thai homeadress. My current landlord did report me TM30 in Pattaya.


    1. Dear Willem Hagting,
      Good day.
      No, you can only do your 90-day reporting at the Immigration office of the province where you live which is in Chiang Mai, if your visa was issued in Chiang Mai, you must do your reporting in Chiang Mai. You can do it by mail or online through the internet.
      Thank you.

  3. I already apply non-o visa(90days)
    I have to go office on 16-Apr(my Visa expired on 17-Apr)
    I worry about Songkran holiday and no work on 16-Apr
    Is it OK I go to the office on 16-Apr?

    1. Dear Hiroshi Sawahashi,

      We apologize for our late response. For your future reference please note that government offices are closed during the Holidays.

      Apologies and thank you.

  4. Sir, I am trying to do my 90day reporting on line but am unable to connect to the Immigration Bureau website. Is this due to the system being under maintenance

    1. Dear David Montague Jack,
      Good day.
      If the online reporting does not work, please make the reporting in person or by mail.
      Thank you.

  5. Hi, if I as a UK citizen arrive in Thailand at the end of January 2021 and receive a visa on arrival, can I convert this to a pension visa (I would get a 90 day visa but none a being issued at the moment). I also have 800,000 in a thai bank already. If so how much would this cost?

    1. Hi David,

      Yes, it is possible to change a 45-day visa exemption stamp into a 90-day non-immigrant O visa and eventually a retirement visa. The applicant must have 800,000 THB in a Thai bank account and there should be at least 15 days remaining in the visa exemption stamp in order to obtain a non immigrant O visa. Then after 2 months of having the non-immigrant O visa, the applicant may apply for the 1 year extension or what is called retirement visa.

  6. Sirs I am here in chonburi on the 90 day STV tourist visa, I notice that 30 day tourist visas are now been extended to 45 days to take into account the 14 day quarantine. Will Thai immigration also do the same for the 90 day STV visa


    Martin Peters

    1. Hi Martin,

      At the moment, the STV is only valid for 90 days permit to stay upon arrival. You are able to extend this 90-day stamp for another 90 days at the Pattaya office and you only need to pay 1,900 baht. After the first extension, you are also allowed to apply for another 90 days extension for a fee of 1900 baht. In total, you will be able to stay for 270 days.

    2. Sirs could you please inform me what happens after the total 270 days of the STV visa has expired, are there any options of transfer, extension or other

    3. Dear Martin Peters,
      Good day.
      If you have stayed for a total of 270 days, you must leave Thailand and you can come back to Thailand with a new visa.
      Thank you.

  7. I am a UK retiree living in Thailand using a one year retirement visa, my 90 day stay report is due 6th June 2020,. Considering the COVID 19 issues experienced over the last 2 months, plus the immigration amnesty for long stay foreigners which was issued. When am I expected to report on my 90 day stay. Thanks in advance

    1. Dear John,
      You have 2 options:
      You can wait until July 31 to report your address or you can report now given that the immigration offices are mostly empty and not crowded.

  8. I am here on a one month extended visa until April 30. I have been trying to get my return flight with quatar Airways sorted out. I was ill and could not fly back to the UK on April 01/20 and I requested A Travel Voucher from the airline. They said it would be emailed to me and I have yet to receive it. I need this to be able to book a return flight to the UK. Then they tell me I will have to go to their nearest office to get this voucher. I don’t want to be wasting money doing unnecessary travel or risking something happening to prevent me from being able to return to the UK on April 30 or before. Their website is not very good and I called and still have not got the issue solved. Any help would be much appreciated.

    1. If you are unable to book a new flight with a commercial airline, please contact the British Embassy in Bangkok because they may be able to assist you with the repatriation flight.

    2. I’m on a 60 days extension based on marriage to thai wife, permitted to stay until 7 June. I don’t currently have the 400k to extend. Am I covered with the amnesty?

    3. Dear Nick,
      Yes, you can stay until July 31, 2020 and after that date, you must leave Thailand and apply for the new Non immigrant O visa from a Thai embassy abroad.

  9. Should I report 90 days stay? I’m a retirement visa holder. Pattaya closed for entry! Please advise.

    1. If your 90-day reporting is between March 26th and April 30th, you are not required to do the reporting at this time.

  10. Many thanks,
    I’ll head to Pattaya in the 1st week of May with my wife, photo, TM30, TM6 and I’m guessing the Kore’s For is the marriage documents.
    Thanks again.

    1. Yes, Kor Ror 2 and Kor Ror 3 are marriage documents. If the marriage was registered abroad, it will be Kor Ror 22 that you need to bring with you.

  11. Hi,
    I am married to a Thai wife and have a Thai son living in Bang Saray. I am on a non immigrant ‘O’ visa (multi entry) and usually go out and in the country every 90 days. My current 90 day period will run out mid May. The visa itself is current til Nov 10th. Can I and do I need to have a stamp extension at the Pattaya immigration office? Any help in this regard would be much appreciated given Pattaya itself is moving into lock down tomorrow 9th April, at which point would be difficult to get to immigration office.
    Many thanks,

    1. If you are unable to do a border run before mid-May, you can request a temporary 60-day short term extension from Pattaya Immigration Office. You may do the application in the first week or second week of May. For the extension, you just have to submit one passport size photo (4cm x 6cm) with white background, TM6 departure card, TM30 receipt from your hotel or accommodation, Kor Ror and 3 marriage documents and pay the fee of 1,900 Thai baht. You also need to take your wife with you for a short interview.

  12. Hello, I am a French citizen living in Cambodia and I am currently in Thailand in Pattaya while waiting for the borders of Cambodia to be opened. My Thai visa ends on April 22 and I would like to know how to extend it while waiting for the borders to be opened! Thank you for the information.

    1. You are able to extend for another 30 days at the local immigration office. For the extension, you just have to submit one passport size photo (4cm x 6cm) with white background, TM6 departure card, TM30 receipt from your hotel or accommodation and pay the fee of 1,900 Thai baht.

  13. Sir I have tried many times to renew my 90 day report for my retirement visa online I have filled in the form many times but they tell me to contact the office in my area but the phone just plays music I do not want to visit the immigration office in fear of my life in these dangerous times please help

    1. If the online reporting does not work, you need to do the reporting of address in person. You can go yourself or you can use an agent to do the reporting for you. Failure to do the reporting will incur 2,000 Thai baht penalty for late reporting.

  14. My name is Horst Gimmerthal, born on November 30th, 1941.
    On April 7th 2020 I would have to get in touch with you -90 days notice-, now there is a curfew from March 26th.
    What should I do?

    1. If you are in Thailand right now, you need to contact your local immigration office to know how you can fulfill the 90-day reporting. If you are not in Thailand, you do not need to do the reporting.

  15. When I come in to report for my 90 day in April is there any one there to help me complete the 90 day app on my phone thank you

    1. You are able to do the reporting through the immigration website or through the mobile app. You may call 1178 immigration call center to assist you.

  16. I hold a UK passport and my Wife holds a Vietnam passport, and both have 30 day visa stamps. Is it possible to extend our visas for another 30 days at your offices in Pattaya?

    1. You are able to extend this 30-day visa exemption stamp for another 30 days at the local immigration office in Jomtien. For the extension, you just have to submit one passport size photo (4cm x 6cm) with white background and pay the fee of 1,900 Thai baht.

    1. You will do the extension at the local immigration office in the province where your school is located.

  17. Currently holding: non-immigrant B visa for 1 year with multiple entries (US citizen).
    (1) Officers upfront of Jomtien Immigration Office explained, that this visa can be extended outside of Thailand at ANY Thai consulate, in any country, except Thailand, no need to travel back to USA. Is this correct?
    (2) If this is true, how many days, weeks, months prior to visa expiration date I must start the extension process?
    (3) What documents I’d have to present to update my visa to get an extension?
    (4) What is the cost of extension of non-immigrant B visa for 1 year with multiple entries?
    Thank you for your time.

    1. Yes, it is correct. You can go to Penang in Malaysia as long as you have a work permit. It is not an extension, it is an application for a new non immigrant B visa, you can do it when your visa expires. The process takes 2 days. If you mean an extension of 1 year, you MUST do it in Pattaya immigration office.

  18. I went to the immigration Office in Jomtien Beach Pattaya today. As I am a volunteer here in Pattaya at the Father Ray Foundation I needed an extension of 37 extra days if possible. I have a Visa non immigrant now for 90 days.

    A very rude man in the information count, not even looked in my papers, he just said I only could have it extended for 7 days! But when I read about online many people get it extended for 30 days extra. How come I can’t get it extended 30 days extra?

    1. Generally, if you need to stay in Thailand beyond the visa you have based on being a volunteer, you have to apply for a new visa from a Thai embassy or consulate outside of Thailand. If you would like to clarify why you were not allowed to extend beyond 7 days, you will need to discuss this with the immigration office in your location.

  19. Sorry another question. My visa Non O expires on 14th February 2017. I want to get my Statutory Declaration done at Australian Embassy before I fly out. Will it be valid when I do my extension in January 2017?

    1. The validity of the document will depend on the immigration office where you apply for the visa extension. In some cases, they will accept a document that is obtained within a month from your application. In some cases, the document should be obtained within days from your application.

      It would be best that you confirm this requirement with the immigration office.

  20. Good morning,

    I arrived here on September 7th 2016 and leaving on 7th December at 12:01 AM. Do I still have to do the 90-day report before I fly out?

    1. You do not need to report to immigration as you have a 7-day leeway from the time you are due to report. Since you will be flying out within a few days from your 90th day in Thailand, that will already serve as your report to immigration.

  21. I will come to Thailand for one month. I’m from Sweden. Can I apply for extension in Pattaya for extra 7 Days or 30 Days? And if only 7 days, is that possible I’ll do it 2 times?


    1. Based on the passport you hold, you may be able to obtain a 30-day extension at the immigration office in Pattaya. The extension can only be done once.

  22. Hello.

    When I arrived in Thailand on the 7th of October this year, I entered with a 90-day non-immigrant B visa. I have since successfully obtained my Work Permit and am working for a British Companies Thai Subsidiary near Bang Saen. Part of my work in Thailand requires me to travel in and out of Thailand to visit other Asian countries, but also to be able to stay for up to 90 days at a time.

    As my current non-immigrant B visa expires on the 4th of January 2017, I would like to know if I can extend my current non-immigrant visa for 1 year or if I have to apply for a new non-immigrant B visa for 1 year with multiple entries. If I have to apply for a new visa or get an extension, can this be done in Thailand at my local Immigration Office? Or will I have to travel back to the UK?

    Thank You.

    1. Depending on the company documents that you hold, you may be able to apply for a 1-year extension on your current visa as well as a multiple re-entry permit. Kindly get in touch with your local immigration office for information about extending the visa.

      If they cannot extend your visa to a 1-year visa, then you will need to apply from a Thai embassy or consulate in your home country.

Leave a Reply