Thai Immigration – Pattaya

The immigration offices in Pattaya is well known to most expats. We have listed the address and telephone numbers for the Thai Immigration office in Pattaya so you can call them before you visit them. You may also visit them at the address listed below. Note the operating hours of the immigration office in Jomtien, Pattaya.

If you wish to speak to someone about an immigration issue or the extending of your retirement visa or marriage visa then you can call our office in Pattaya or you may wish to speak to immigration yourself while in Pattaya. If you are on overstay, take good advice and contact our office first and allow us to contact Thai immigration for you in Pattaya. Deportation and arrest can and will be very traumatic but we can ensure that the process is much smoother and faster.

Tel: 038 110 636
Fax: 038 252 751
Business hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Soi 5 Moo 12
Jomtien Beach Road
Nongprue, Banglamung
Chonburi 20150

309 thoughts on “Thai Immigration – Pattaya

  1. Hello, I arrived in Pattaya on October 18 and I will leave on November 17. When I arrived at the Bangkok airport I told them I was leaving on November 17, but they stamped my passport to leave on November 16. Will I need an extension for the extra day?

    Thank You.
    Al Moreau

    1. Should you wish to avoid paying the overstay fine of 500THB per day, you may apply for a visa extension at an immigration office near your current location.

  2. Hi, I arrived to to Pattaya (via Bangkok airport) last Saturday. I put my departure card inside my passport but now I noticed that it is not there. I have only the passport and the boarding pass of the flight.

    I am leaving Thailand at the 19th of October. Should I visit you or how can I get the card? I understand that the card is needed when I leave the country. I am living in a hotel in Pattaya.

    1. You may visit your local immigration office to obtain a departure card.

    1. You need to renew your retirement visa within 30 days before it expires. If you wait until after it expires, you would have to start a new application since the visa has already expired.

  3. My 90 days report is due on November 13th which is a Sunday. If immigration is closed, on Monday November 14 do I have to pay overstay?

    1. You are still given a 7-day period after your report is due to visit the immigration office for your 90-day report before you are charged a fine for late reporting.

  4. I have a valid Immigration type O visa valid unit March 2017. I am German female and born 09.05.19XX. I receive German pension already. Can it be changed into a retirement visa Non Immigrant O-A in Pattaya? What documents are needed?

    Thank you.

    1. Kindly get in touch with the Pattaya immigration office to inquire about applying for the retirement visa extension.

      Telephone: 0-3825-2750 to 4
      Email: [email protected]

  5. I’d like to extend my visa by 30 days.

    Could you please let me know if I apply for the new visa a few days before the current one expires? Does the 30-day extension date run from the end of the current 30-day visa or from the day of approved application extension?

    Thank you.

    1. You can apply for the extension any time before your current stamp runs out. It is better to apply as early as possible since the 30-day extension will ​​run from the end of your current 30-day stamp.

  6. I will come to Thailand for one month. I’m Russian passport holder, so I don’t need visa for 30 days. Can I apply for extension in Pattaya for extra 7 days?

    1. Yes, you can apply for an extension of the 30-day entry stamp at the immigration office in Pattaya.

  7. Hello. I’m on vacation in Thailand and seem to have lost my stamped Thai arrival card. Still have my departure card and of course my passport with my visa. I had my card when I checked into my current hotel. Will I need to get a new arrival card if I want to change hotels?

    1. Normally, the arrival card is taken by the officer at the immigration checkpoint upon arrival in Thailand. It is more crucial that you have your departure card since you will need to present this to the immigration officer before you exit Thailand.

  8. I would like to stay in Pattaya for three months. I’m on a British passport can anybody help?

    1. You may apply for a 60-day tourist visa from the Thai embassy or consulate in your​ country of residence. Once you arrive in Thailand, you can apply for a 30-day extension from the immigration office in Pattaya.

    1. There have not been any announcements from the Thai authorities whether there is a holiday for the week of October 17. Kindly await an official report from the Thai government. You may also call your local immigration office to confirm.

  9. I will go to Denmark 14 December and the same date deposit 800,000 baht on my account in Thailand. The date 20 February I will return to Thailand and enter without visa. Before the 30 days limit, I will go to the Immigration and ask for 1 year retirement visa and refer to my bank account with the deposit of 800,000 baht. Will it work without problems? I am an owner of an apartment in Jomtien.

    1. ​Before you can apply for the 1-year retirement visa, you must have the 90-day Non Immigrant O visa from a Thai embassy or consulate in your home country. You can then apply for the 1-year retirement visa extension during the last 30 days of your 90-day Non Immigrant O Visa at the immigration office in Chonburi.

  10. Hi. When I arrived at the airport, they gave me an arrival card, but I lost this. How can I get a new one?

    1. You can get a departure card (TM. 6) from the airport before you leave Thailand.

  11. Hi, I just gave birth a child here in Pattaya. My child is going to have the family visa from my boyfriend who is working in Thailand. I would like to ask, can I apply the visa be covered by my child’s visa? And if it’s possible, which kind of document do I need to take with me to apply? Thank you.

    1. You will not be able to apply for a visa based on the visa of your child. If you wish to stay in Thailand, you will need to apply for a visa from a Thai embassy or consulate outside the Kingdom. The visa will depend on your individual circumstance.

  12. Do you still have to register your address with immigration if already stated on a 30 day tourist visa TM 8 card?

    1. You do not need to report your address if you already specified this on your arrival card which you filled out and submitted upon arrival in Thailand.

  13. Hi. I read a lot about that you will fine me 4,000 baht if I don’t stay in my registered address!? Can you please explain this rule for me! (I stay in the country with Retirement visa)

    BR. Christer Blomberg

    1. The rule of Thai Immigration is not that you must stay in the same address for the entire duration of your stay on a long term visa. They require that in the event you do change your address, you must notify immigration within 24 hours of the change. Otherwise, you will be penalized with a fine of 200 THB per day that you fail to notify with a maximum of 5,000 THB.

  14. What information do I and my husband need to get a retirement visa to live in Thailand. We will be in Thailand sometime in December because that is when he will retire. We now live in South Korea and have a bank account here for over 10 years and also a bank account in the US; will that count for the time that we need to put in to a bank account there? Also, does amount mean for 1 person or the both of us together? Can we come in to see you and talk about this or do we need an appointment? Also, do we have to do every 90 days at the Embassy to renew? What does it take to get a visa so that we don’t have to do that?

    1. The financial requirement depends on which province you will retire in. Generally, each applicant must have either of the two requirements below in order to apply for the retirement visa.

      ​1. A Thai Bank account with at least 800,000THB for 2 months; or
      2. A monthly income of at least 65,000THB from your home country

      In some provinces such as in Bangkok, they accept a combination of the 2 requirements which must amount to 800,000THB for the entire year.

      So that our staff can discuss the application process further, kindly send an email to [email protected]. Kindly also specify where in Thailand you wish to retire.​

  15. Hello,

    I have a 180 day multiple entry tourist visa. I live in ChonBuri. My First 60 days in Thailand will be up on 19th October. I don’t want to exit Thailand until December. I plan to show up at the Pattaya immigration station on or before 19th as the Thai embassy that issued my 180 day visa carefully explained I can do. Is there anything else that I need to know or to do before I visit the Pattaya immigration station on 18th or 19th October or sooner?

    Thank you very much.

    1. You can apply for a 30-day extension on your current 60-day entry any time before October 19. Please note however that you will not be able to extend this until December since the maximum extension on a tourist visa is 30 days.

  16. Hi,

    If I want to visit Vietnam from Thailand, do I need to present a return flight on departure or can I book a one way ticket? Does the return have to be before my Thai visa expires?

    1. For us to be able to provide you the appropriate advice, please clarify the following information.

      1. What visa do you currently hold?
      2. How long is the duration of your visa?
      3. How long is your trip to Vietnam?
      4. Do you plan to travel back to Thailand after your trip to Vietnam?
      5. Are you asking if you need to present a return ticket to Vietnamese immigration? If this is the case, we are unable to provide information about the guidelines of Vietnam in entering their country as a tourist.

  17. Hello,
    I am Mostafa Jelveh, 32 years old. I am from Iran, a Master of Industrial Engineering, with 10 years experience in field. I want to know what is the cheapest way if I want to stay 2 years in Thailand. I love Thailand. And how much it will be approximately? Thank you.

    1. You will be required to apply for a visa but it depends on your purpose of staying in Thailand. The cost will differ depending on your purpose and duration of stay. ​Please get in touch with the Thai embassy or consulate near your location​ for further information.​

  18. I have a retirement visa ends on the 1st Nov 2016. The only funds I have are in my Australian account. Is that ok if I get a bank statement from them? I also have a Thai bank account with 160,000 THB. When I applied for the visa all my funds were in Australia in a deposit account.

    Would that be sufficient for the visa extension?

    1. You need to have 800,000THB in a Thai bank account for at least 3 months before applying for the renewal, or a monthly income from your home country of at least 65,000THB.

  19. Hello!
    For how long can I extend my tourist visa? I am a citizen of Belarus. In Thailand, for the first time on a tourist visa for 30 days.

    1. You can apply for a 30-day extension any time before your current visa expires.

  20. Thanks for your reply. Now just wanna complete my worries and be sure in what will I do.

    1. One of latest visa was NON-B, previous TR1, issued at Penang. Is that mean I should just take some certificate from my Embassy that will say I change my old on my new passport and with that certificate going out of Thailand to applying for a new visa? Don’t need to visit immigration for some procedure else?

    2. Means I’m going to border with both passports, show it to officer, and then he put stamp in a NEW passport, right? Because old one will be with two holes = broken. And then at the next point of border another country they will put stamp of arrival in a NEW passport again. And when I will back to Thailand, my old passport already don’t need. Is that correct? Thank you.

    1. If the non immigrant B visa is single entry or multi entries and issued in Penang, you can show both passports when you exit Thailand. The visa cannot be transferred. If the visa was extended inside Thailand in your old passport, you can transfer the visa in your new passport.

  21. What is my next step in that situation?

    My current passport almost finished, and I already got informed that my new passport is ready and I can take any time at embassy.

    And now question: what should I do first?
    1) Should I replace my previous visa to a new passport or only stamp that i arrive in Thailand? All visa or just stamp?

    2) If Consulate will stopped my passport (two holes that means can’t used anymore) when I will change, what can I do next? At the border people will enough to check this passport and approved stamp of departure to a new passport? Or he will need previous visa (stamp) at new passport? Or don’t need?

    3) When I’m out of Thailand for a new visa, what can I do? Got stamp of departure in old (or new) passport and then to other country border give only new passport?


    1. Please see the responses to each of your questions below.

      1. If your current visa was issued outside of Thailand, you cannot have it transferred to your new passport. You can just bring the old passport together with your new passport and show the visa and stamps in your old passport.

      2. Bring both your old passport and new passport and show these to the immigration officer at the border.

      3. You will only need to show your new passport to the immigration officer in the next country you plan to enter. However, please also keep your old passport handy in case you are asked to show your departure from Thailand.

  22. I have non o visa I need 1 year visa o. How to process and how much fees? Document requirement?

    1. Kindly contact a Thai embassy or consulate in your home country or get in touch with a local immigration office in Thailand for assistance.

Leave a Reply