Extending your Thai Visa

Extending your Thai Visa

There are a number of options when it comes to extending your Thai visa and this would depend on the type of visa you have in your passport. We will list the most common Thailand visa options and extension options. If you have any questions then ask us on the chat messenger or better yet walk into any of our offices in Thailand for assistance with your visa.

Thai Marriage Visa:

This visa is valid for 90 days once you enter Thailand and can be extended to 1 year at Thai Immigration if you meet the requirements for the visa extension. We have listed the requirements here.

Thai Retirement Visa:

This is a visa for those over the age of 50 and who meet the financial requirements as listed on this website. This extension is done at Thai immigration in Bangkok if the requirements are met and these requirements have been listed here.

Thai Tourist Visa:

This is a 60 day visa and can be extend at Thai immigration in Bangkok or Thai Immigration in Pattaya or Phuket if you pay the 1,900 THB fee for an additional 30 days or another extension of another 7 days. This has been listed here.

Thai Multiple Entry Visa:

These can be extended. If it is a marriage visa it is explained here. If it is a business visa it is explained here. The Business visa can only be extended with a work permit. The tourist visa can be extend for an additional 30 days after the first 60 days have lapsed. This is explained here.

If you need help with your visa application or extension then contact us on our main website for more assistance. We have offices in the following cities in Thailand.

Contact any of our offices for assistance while in Thailand. See would main website where we will be able to assist you today. We have also listed the Thai immigration offices in the main tourist areas of Thailand and they are listed below.

If you have any other questions then feel free to speak to a consultant on your chat messenger on the right of your screen. Speak to us today for a long or short stay in Thailand.



  1. Avatar

    I have a non-immigrant F visa. It expires Nov 14. Can I now apply for a 2-month tourist visa without leaving the country?

    A quick reply would be great.


    1. Consultant

      It would not be possible. You need to exit Thailand to apply for the tourist visa at the Thai embassy or consulate in a neighboring country or your country of residence.

  2. Avatar

    I’m currently on a 30-day visa in Thailand and have a planned flight to Malaysia on the 12th of November. However, I’ve mistakenly crossed the boarder to early making my visa in Thailand ends on the 11th of November. I’m just wondering what’s best to do for me regarding my one day over stay.

    1. Consultant

      You can either apply for an extension on your current stamp at the immigration office near your location or pay for the 1-day overstay fine at the airport before leaving.

  3. Avatar

    I am here on Non Ed visa for my training of six months. My visa expires on December 29, 20XX. Can I extend my visa at immigration office in Phuket? Or is it necessary for me to go to Bangkok (Nepal embassy)?

    1. Consultant

      Depending on the documents that you present, you may be able to apply for an extension of your current ED visa. Kindly get in touch with the immigration office in Phuket near your current residence to inquire about the requirements and procedures.

      ​Address: ​482 Phuket Road, Amphoe Muenag
      Changwat Phuket
      ​Tel: ​0-7622-1905
      ​Email: ​d6_phuket@immigration.go.th

  4. Avatar

    We are holders of a Danish passport and have 30 days visa when we arrive. Would it be possible to extend to the 60 days tourist visum in either Phuket or Bangkok while we are in Thailand?

    1. Consultant

      The 30-day entry stamp can only be extended for another 30 days at an immigration office in Phuket or Bangkok. If you wish to apply for a 60-day tourist visa, you must apply through a Thai embassy or consulate outside of Thailand.

    2. Avatar

      Okay thank you very much for your answer. It’s to late for us to make the visa from the Thai embassy here in Denmark, so we would have to do the extension. What is the fee?

    3. Consultant

      The visa extension fee is 1,900 THB.​

  5. Avatar

    I am in Thailand right now and my visa expires November 30 but I am wanting to extend it for another 30 days. How can I go about that without having to leave the country?

    1. Consultant

      You may visit your local immigration office to inquire about extending your current visa for 30 days.

  6. Avatar


    I have one year work permit for Thailand. But I have only 3 month visa on my passport, so can I extend it for one year? I mean what is the procedure? What documents are required? When can I apply so that I can get 1 year visa on my Passport? What should be the fees for this all?

    Second I want to apply dependent visa for my wife. How can I process this? What documents are needed and which is the best procedure to apply this so that she can get 1 year dependent visa? How much would be the fees?

    Please tell the whole procedure for both my concerns.

    1. Consultant

      The extension fee is 1,900 THB. You will need to submit your application for extension to your local immigration office. For the requirements in extending your 90-day Non Immigrant B visa to a 12-month visa, ​kindly contact them for assistance.

      In applying for a Non Immigrant O visa for your wife, she will need to get in touch with the Thai embassy or consulate in her home country or current residence for information and assistance.

  7. Avatar


    I am currently in Koh Samui with a 60-day tourist visa. My flight leaves one day after the visa expires so I was wondering what happens if I overstay instead of getting the extension. Thanks.

    1. Consultant

      If you overstay your visa, you will be charged an overstay fee of 500THB per day.

  8. Avatar

    I have a non O single entry volunteer visa. My work permit is being processed. I am applying for and have the letter for a 12 month extension to this as my visa expires soon.

    My question is, do I have to leave Thailand to apply for my 12 month non O volunteer? Or can I do this at the immigration office in Phuket?

    1. Consultant

      Normally, Non O visas based on volunteer work cannot be extended in Thailand. You would have to apply for a new visa at a Thai embassy or consulate in your home country or a neighboring country. You may also contact your local immigration office to inquire further.

  9. Avatar

    Hi. I am Romanian and I have just 14 days visa. I am in Phi Phi and I want to extend my visa. How can I do that? Thank you.

    1. Consultant

      The visa on arrival can only be extended to 7 days. You will have to leave Thailand to apply for a tourist visa from at Thai embassy or consulate, or re-enter and apply for another visa on arrival.


  10. Avatar


    Me and my girlfriend is in Hua Hin on a 14 days visa. Is it possible to extend here or do we need to do a visa run?


    1. Consultant

      Kindly get in touch with the immigration office in Hua Hin for information about extending your current entry stamp.

      Tel: 0-3261-9038
      Email: c_singkhon@immigration.go.th

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *