Popular Thai Visa Questions

Popular Visa Questions

This is a list of common questions on Thai Visas. There are some confusion about the Thai visa process and system. If you have any questions that is not covered in this article, please send us an email or contact us via the chat messenger.

Do you need to leave Thailand every 90 days with a marriage visa?

The answer is yes and no. It depends on the type of visa that you have. If you have a multiple entry Non immigrant “O” visa based on a marriage to a Thai citizen, the visa will allow you to enter Thailand multiple times during the year but you are only allowed to stay a maximum of 90 days each time you enter the country.

However if you financially qualify you can file for a full year extension of your Non-immigrant “O” Visa where you only have to report to the immigration authorities every 90 days. In order to qualify for a one year extension, you will have to show a minimum of 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account or at least 2 months prior to the extension or produce a monthly income of at least 40,000 baht.

Am I blacklisted in Thailand?

If you have committed a serious crime in Thailand or was previously removed from Thailand for visa then your information is probably in the government system. There is a good possibility that you will have a very difficult time obtaining a new visa to enter Thailand. We do not have access to the Thai government databases. You will have to apply for a visa in your home country to see determine whether you have been placed on an inadmissibility list.

What type of visa can I get with a Thai wife?

There are a couple of options for you. You can obtain a tourist visa or a Non-Immigrant “O” and then extend the visa when you enter Thailand. The extension can be filed as a Thai immigration office in Thailand.

Our offices in Chiangmai, Pattaya, Bangkok, and Phuket can assist you.

How do I extend my visa in Thailand?

This depends on what type of visa you have. If it is a 2 month tourist visa then you can go to any immigration office and for a fee of 1,900THB they will extend your Thai visa for another 30 days. In addition, the marriage visa can be extended for 1 year.

A retirement visa or Thai “O-A” visa can also be extended in Thailand for 1 year if you meet the financial requirements of the visa.

An educational visa can also be extended in Thailand but you will have to show evidence that you are attending classes. If you obtained your educational visa based on enrollment in a language school, the immigration officer may you’re your Thai language skills. If it is from a university they will want to see the exam results to extend the visa.


  1. Avatar

    Dear sir,

    I want to stay with family in Thailand but I cannot go back please help me clear my blacklist so I can stay with my wife and my baby.


    1. Consultant

      We have referred you to a law firm in Thailand. Kindly send an email to info@siam-legal.com with your information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *